The Pierce College Library Celebrates National Poetry Month with an Essay Writing Contest:
- Submit a one page or longer TYPED essay on your favorite poem and its importance to you.
- Using MLA style, cite the poem you are discussing at the bottom of your essay (you can find MLA help here).
- Make sure your name and contact information is on your essay.
Deadline: Wednesday, April 30th 2014 at 8:00 pm
Submit essays to the Reference Desk.
- $150.00 Grand Prize
- $50.00 Runner-up
- To be presented in Early May 2014
- Contact: Paula Paggi
- Call the Reference Desk (818.710.2833)
Pierce College Library Poetry Month Video Contest:
Share part or all of a poem in a 20 second video.
Post it to the Pierce College Library Facebook page!
Like us while you're there!
- Most Creative
- Most “Liked”
- Most Enthusiastic
- Most Poem in 20 seconds
- Most Overall Poem
Deadline: Friday, April 25, 2014
Enter as many times as you want!
- Please limit entries to 20 seconds maximum.
- One prize awarded per winner and will be contacted through Facebook or campus email.
- Please tell us title of poem and author and include your name and contact information.
- Winners will receive a $20 Amazon gift card.
We ask that entrants enjoy the creation of the videos but please exercise discretion.
The Pierce College Library reserves to the right to delete offensive material.
Contest is open to PIerce College faculty, staff and students.